Sunday, October 31, 2010
Most of us think that in order to lose extra inches on our waist, we need thousands of sit ups using these equipment or even by your weight. This is a major misconception and a huge reason we fail to lose weight. Sit ups will help you lengthen and strengthen your core muscles, but it won't show your washboard abs.
This is the fact! No matter what you do, you will definitely not lose your flabs by just working out on a specific area of your body. What is more, what you have lost may not be fat but your abdominal muscles.
Instead of wasting money on these expensive equipment, join a gym or run around your neighborhood or ride a bike - if you are really serious in losing weight, then comes the perfectly toned abs, as a plus, when you become more 'serious'.
Doing cardiovascular workouts, like the activities I mentioned, are very helpful in losing unnecessary body fat. You do not need to run 4 hours on the treadmill everyday. I think, 120 minutes a week, disseminated in 5 days, to hype your motivation, is a great start.
Then, comes your food intake. When you are looking forward in losing obstinate kilograms, it is essential that you eat more raw fruits and vegetables, cutting down on sugar and fried stuff.
Just remember the formula: When you consume fewer calories than what you burn, you will definitely lose weight.
I will discuss soon about keeping your momentum and not overdoing cardio workouts as to lose you muscle mass.
WaterPlus is a revolutionary ZERO calorie beverage made from purified water infused with health enhancers that comes in three different variants. It is clear with a refreshing mild fruit taste and offers consumers three different benefits per variant of this new drink, aside from quenching one's thirst.
Reduce - Water + L-Carnitine that helps burn fat and converting it to energy, and Fiber which helps clean the digestive tract from toxins to promote proper weight-loss management and healthy digestive system. It comes in three flavors: Grape, Apple and Lemon & Berries.
Smart - Water + Choline, Taurine and B-Vitamins which are essential in aiding your memory for better recall, sharpness and boosting brain functions. Available in Apple flavor.
Protect - Water + Vitamin B6 and Zinc which are known to aid in improving your immunity, helping your body protect itself from certain diseases. Enjoy its Lemon & Lime flavor.
Grand Prize: Canon 550D kit
2nd Prize: Apple iPad
3rd prize: iPod Nano
Most liked Prize: iPod Nano
Theme: ACTIVE LIFESTYLE - Any dynamic activity with WaterPlus in the Photo
- Must be a WaterPlus Facebook fan.
- Open for amateur and professional photographers
- WaterPlus must be present in the photo. (WaterPlus bottle. Any flavor will do.
- Photo must be taken in the Philippines
- Photo can be taken using either DSLR or point & shoot camera.
- No composite and digitally manipulated photograph allowed.
- 2 photo entries per fan
- Entry must be in JPEG format
- Name of entry must be the name of the Fan
- Must be originally taken by the Fan
- Ownership of the photo remains to the fan
- Zest-O employees and relatives up to 2nd degree of sanguinity are excluded
- Entry must not have any watermarks
- Entry must be taken during contest period
- The Best Photo will be chosen by WaterPlus panel of judges.
Criteria for Judging
- Impact and Technique
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org from October 20, 2010 to December 20, 2010.
*WaterPlus reserves the right to reproduce, use, print and publish all submitted entries.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Sleeping is more vital to maintaining your optimum physical condition than even the right nutrition. A chronic lack of sleep is not a problem in itself, it is the conditions it gives rise to, among which are blood pressure, obesity, depression, a weakened immune system, memory lapses and decreased concentration levels.
So the verdict is out, you do need to be spending more time in between the sheets is an excellent habit, preferably asleep even if the alternative isn’t too bad in itself. Abnormal sleeping cycles can give rise to odd eating patterns, characterized by overeating or by not having an appetite to eat anything at all. That is why so many people gain or lose inches during periods of sleeplessness. Of a similar concern is a lack of focus and memory.
The perils of not sleeping and building up what is referred to as sleep debt or sleep deprivation has now been well documented, but in this fast paced world of ours many resort and spas to stop-gap solutions to tide over the tiredness such as ingesting copious amounts of caffeinated drinks or blasting music at loud enough levels to wake an entire neighborhood. But that is all these are; just stop-gap measures, not a fix-it. None of these temporary soothing solutions will ever be a viable substitute to getting a good, solid nights sleep. Our immune system repairs and rejuvenates us while we are lost in dreams of our favorite heartthrob.
So get a decent amount of shut-eye. It’s the best and cheapest way to enhance your health, and you’re the only person that can ensure you get it right.
When I was in highschool, this was my favorite order, apart from the Cheeseburger meal Go Big Time Sprite and large fries.
Now, that I am very concious with my intake (as a matter of fact, I became concious with what I 'out-take' too). You would know why when you reach the point of caloric-intake-conciousness-syndrome. Anyway, part of the law here in the Philippines mandated by Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and Bureau of Food and Drugs (BFAD) to put the nutrition content of any massively commercialized food commodity.
Let us take a look of the basic and estimated nutritional value of what's in the Big Mac Large Meal. This contains two patties of burger, three slices of bread, some lettuce, tomato and cheese, french fries and large soda. In some good times, you would want to order Sundae or another large fries but let's keep it simple for this post.
According to the Philippine Recommended Dietary Allowance, males and females on their 20's to 30's should intake 2,500 and 1,900 respectively. I wouldn't dive in deeper into more specific categories and mineral content, but why not compare the values on the table from the figures I gave?
Source: Recommended Energy and Nutrient Intakes (RENI) Philippines, 2002 Edition. RENI committee, Task Forces, and the FNRI-DOST Secretariat.
[caption id="attachment_1420" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Yoga for Beginners"][/caption]
Sympathetic and para-sympathetic system are the two categories of human autonomic system.
Sympathetic system controls the relaxation response of our body. This also includes the fight or flight response. When we do yoga, this converts a process that is initiated that turns the sympathetic system into para-sympathetic system on. This provides a dynamic and positive effect on our body as our heartbeat and breathing slow down, then, in soon time, the blood pressure.
For me, as long as you are physically sound, you can do yoga. But before jumping into a yoga class, please consider the following:
- Doctor's advice. If you have previous injuries before, consult your doctor. Pre-cautionary measures, you know. *inserts disclaimer here again*
- Listen to your body. Yoga takes time before you enjoy the poses. Your yogi will give you the base, intermediate and harder options. If he/she doesn't make a complain :P
- BYOM (Bring your own mat). As most gym and health clubs offer public mats, this may already contain dried sweat and bacteria and fungi that may cause skin irritation.
- Schedule it. To enjoy the benefits of yoga, attend a class at least thrice a week.
- Enjoy with passion. Just think of its health benefits. All good.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Click the image to be directed to California Berry Facebook page.
Other preventive tips:
- Eat in a relaxing atmosphere.
- Wear clothing that isn't too tight around your waist and abdomen.
- Don't lie down after eating, or do a lot of bending and lifting.
- Sleep with an extra pillow or elevate the head of your bed to make gravity work for you.
A number of food can trigger heartburn or indigestion by relaxing the band of muscles at the end of your esophagus so it can't keep out stomach acid. Here are some common gastric irritants you might want to avoid:
- spicy foods with black pepper or chili powder
- garlic and raw onions
- citrus foods like tomatoes, oranges, and grapefruit
- fried or fatty foods that slow digestion
- anything with caffeine such as coffee, tea, soft drinks, and chocolate
If your problem continues or if you regularly have severe heartburn (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or GERD), see your doctor.
For overall healthy digestion and to minimize acid reflux, make sure you get plenty of fiber from a variety of vegetables, non-citrus fruits, and whole grains. Drink enough fluids to help your body absorb important nutrients and lubricate food waste. And exercise regularly. Use low-fat methods when cooking, for example, substituting broth for butter or oil when you saute, and replacing oil with applesauce (cup for cup) when you're baking. Herbal chamomile tea is said to have a calming effect on the stomach, so try some after you eat or before bed.
And here are some meal and snack suggestions from Saka that are stomach-friendly:
Bowl of Oatmeal with Raisins or Blueberries
Starting the morning with oatmeal will give you a nutrition-packed start to your day. Oatmeal is high in fiber, low in saturated fat and cholesterol, provides 20 percent of your daily vitamin A, and delivers 41 percent of your RDA for iron. Combine it with some skim milk and you'll get 15 percent of your daily requirement of calcium. Throw in some raisins for some extra iron and potassium, or blueberries for more antioxidants and vitamin C.
Recommended Serving Size: 1/2 cup oatmeal, about 93 calories 1/2 cup skim milk, about 40 calories 1 miniature box of raisins, about 42 calories 1/2 cup blueberries, about 40 calories
You can't beat turkey if you want a lean, nutrient-packed protein source that'll be easy on your stomach. Eat a turkey sandwich for lunch and you'll get 28 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and more than 34 percent of your daily niacin needs, which decreases cholesterol levels.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 oz. turkey, about 110 calories 2 slices whole wheat bread, about 140 calories
Salmon, Zucchini, and Potato Kebab
Cut up some salmon (or another fish of your choice), zucchini, and potatoes (leave the skin on to get the most fiber and vitamin C) into cubes or bite-sized pieces and pop the skewer on the grill or in the broiler. The salmon gives you protein, B vitamins, and phosphorus. And it's a perfect source of omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart attacks, and even protect against cancer. And the zucchini is packed with vitamins and minerals, too!
Recommended Serving Size: 3 oz. salmon, about 165 calories 1 small 3 oz. potato, about 80 calories 1/2 cup zucchini, about 25 calories
Grilled Chicken with Carrots
Without the skin, chicken is a terrific low-fat source of protein. Easy to cook either indoors or out, you also get iron, 26 percent of your RDA of vitamin B6, and the antioxidant selenium. You won't find another food with more beta-carotene than you get in carrots, giving you 242 percent of your RDA of vitamin A and 3 grams of fiber too.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 oz. grilled chicken, about 142 calories 1/2 cup steamed carrots, about 27 calories
Apples and Grapes
Both apples and grapes are low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium, and are a great source of vitamin C. You'll also get 3 grams of dietary fiber if you choose an apple as your snack or dessert.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 apple, about 65 calories 1 cup grapes, about 110 calories.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Excuse #1: “I am too busy”
We all know what its like to have a million things on our plater, but its so important to take time out for ourselves. Truly successful people are strapped for time too – the difference is, they just know how to manage it.
Overcome it! Look at what you’ll gain from the time you invest. For example, don't think about how busy you are. Instead, focus on the extra energy you'll gain from actually working out. Just 20 minutes of exercise everyday isn't really that much time to spare for a healthier, happier you.
Excuse #3: “I’ve had a long day”
So, you've run around after your demanding boss all day and youre exhausted. Good excuse not to hit the gym, NOT! The key thing to remember r here is that if you dont value it, you won't do it. It isn't the act of going to the gym that’s standing in your way, its the lack of value you've attached to your health, energy and vitality.
Overcome it! Re-prioritize ad think positively. Imagine how good you'll feel after going to the gym. A wedding is a bride-to-be’s most important focus, right up until the big day. Follow that lead, and make uderstanding your body, mind, nutrition and exercise are one of the most important things in your life, until you reach your goal.
Excuse #3: “I can't stay motivated”
You have the best intention, but every time you hit the four-week mark, you lose interest and return to old habits. Hey, it happens to all of us, but you can overcome the slump once you know how.
Overcome it! The trick to staying motivated is to set goals. Working towards something you truly value will stop you from self-sabotaging. Also, enlist the help of friends and family so they can encourage and inspire you whenever you're feeling a bit flat.
Excuse #4: “Im cranky and have cramps – I need time on the couch”
So you're not feeling your best, i get it! But did you know its scientifically proved that exericse can actally help you overcome sickeness, illness and moodiness? Avoiding exercise is not the answer. It will only make you feel worse in the long run – and you'll end up feeling guilty for not going.
Overcome it! Do a workout thats gentle on your body, such as yoga, or take a brisk walk outside in the fresh air. And if you're really feeling fired up, then why not teach the gym’s punching bag a lesson?
Excuse #5: “I am broke”
Your friend wants you to go to a dance class with her but your funds are running low, so you think youll have to skip it? Bummer! It doesnt have to be that way. The truth is that its not about the financial investments – its about how much you think you're worth investing in.
Overcome it! If you budget wisely and decide to really put your health as a priority, then you'll always find a way to make it work. Or take it outdoors – it won't cost you anything, so simply lace up your running shoes and get out the door for a jog around the block.
[caption id="attachment_1381" align="aligncenter" width="540" caption="Bosu Ball Dancer's Pose"][/caption]
Myth #1: "I need to sweat to see results"
The truth: so you think you need to swim off the treadmill to tone up? Wrong! Sweating isn't necessarily an indication of exertion. Instead, it's your body's way of regulating temperature. Things like genetics, weather and the body's natural detoxification process can all play a part in how much or how little you sweat. So, although you can sweat during some types of exercise, you don't necessarily have to. Instead of measuring the effectiveness of your workout by how much you perspire, use other indicators such as how high your heart rate is, or how challenging you find your workout. Push yourself a bit further eveytime for maximum results.
Myth #2: "Pump classes will make me bulk up"
The truth: Many women associate weights with huge muscles and body builders, but female bodies just aren't made to look like Incredible Hulk. Classes such as Les Mills Body Pump, which use lots of weight repetitions can actually hep you build lean muscles, which is what most women are looking for. Head into a class for stronger bones, better health and a firmer, more tones, leaner body, and forget the myth. Even Marilyn Monroe lifted free weights! It's not going to make you 'huge'.
Myth #3: "The longer I work out, the better"
The truth: A lot of people can't maintain an hour of fitness each day, but that doesn’t mean they should give up. Even if you can only make it to the gym once a week, you'll still benefit. If you're looking for to get fitter, leaner and stronger, interval training is the way forward. Going hard and then light and varying your heart rate will intesify how your body uses energy. Anything you can do to improve your overall health is a good thing. If you can't make it to the treadmill as much as you want to, increase your incidental exercise and take the stairs, or leave your car in the further corner of the car park. These little things help benefit join stability and overall cardiovascular ability, and that's going to improve your overall health and wellbeing in the long run.
Myth #4: "Only sit-ups will tone my stomach"
The truth: the ability to tone only one are of your body, also known as ‘spot reduction’, is a total myth. Sit-ups and crunches will strengthen and expand your abdominal muscles, but 'toning' your stomach is really about losing the layer of fat that covers it. So unless you're already extremely lean, sit-ups won't give you a washboard stomach, if that's what you're afterI recommend a sensible diet and establishing a regular exercise routine that incorporates both earobic and strength workouts. Then, do some exercises that focus on your core. Things like plank will actually make your waistline smaller and stronger rather than pushing the muscles outwards, and they more functional than sit-ups.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Les Mill Body Balance 50 introduces ujjayi breathing technique (as a followup article from Breath of Fire Kundalini Yoga Pranayama). This time I am pretty sure I am correct :) I tried this technique during downward facing dog (adho mukha svanasana), high lunge (utthita ashwa sanchalanasana), one-legged king pigeon pose - (eka pada rajakapotasana) and it makes it easier. I just do not know if the room was cozy enough for my muscles to be loose.
How to do
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Constrict your throat slowly when exhaling to lessen the the space of air passage.
- Now, apply toning of the throat during inhales. This would produce a very low snoring-like sound.
- When comfortable, close your mouth and do the breathing technique. This is ujjayi breath.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
National Geographic, through Daphne Osena, will give away 15 “Live Curious” shirts.
How To Join
1. Leave a comment on http://daphneosena.livejournal.com/189468.html. One entry per person. Include your email address as you post your comment.
2. In the true spirit of the LIVE CURIOUS campaign, your comment has to be in the form of a question. Just one question. Your question has to reflect what you are curious about. It can range from the most simple to the most complicated. You don't have to answer your question.
3. National Geographic will choose 15 winners, each to receive one free National Geographic Live Curious Tshirt. Winners have to pick up the Tshirts (in person or through a representative) at the NatGeo office in Makati. We will email you the location.
4. Winners will be chosen based on the question that you ask. There's no real criteria - you can be as creative as you want.
5. Winners will be notified by email, so please post your email addresses.
6. Contest runs from now until Sunday October 24, 2010 9:00pm.
7. Winners will be announced and contacted on Monday October 25.National Geographic will choose 15 winners, each to receive one free National Geographic Live Curious Tshirt. Winners have to pick up the Tshirts (in person or through a representative) at the NatGeo office in Makati. Contest ends on October 24, 2010.
Friday, October 22, 2010
The mystery that lies about Siquijor may be true to some degree. However, these beliefs shouldn't let any adventurers be afraid of setting foot in the island. Siquijor is definitely more than that!
The real 'mystery' of Siquijor is not about its folk legends but rather the rich and pristine natural resources that anyone will surely fall in love with. Siquijor has a lot in store for everyone. The island is a perfect place to visit with its amazing white beaches, waterfalls, caves, natural parks and sanctuaries.
Salagdoong Beach is one the best beaches in the Philippines. It can be found in the Eastern part of Siquijor. It's a charming refuge in the middle of a cove that is now one of the spectacular attractions in the island. The beach has fine white sand covers and the water is crystal clear. It has breathtaking limestone formations and Molave trees. The islet nearby. gives a panoramic view of the entire shoreline. Salagdoong Beach is also an extraordinary place for scuba diving
and snorkeling and other recreational activity. Perfect for the adventure thrill seekers.
Another captivating attraction in Siquijor is the Cambughay Falls. One of the most famous waterfalls in the island because of its unique characteristics. Cambughay Falls is composed of several layers of waterterfalls with different depths for your swimming pleasure. A downhill walk from the secluded forest will take you to the waterfalls. The water is refreshingly cool. Your tiredness will surely be flushed away once you indulge yourself in this nature's wonder.
If you're up for some challenge, Cantabon Cave is the perfect spot for you. Cantabon Cave has become a Philippines's favorite travel site because of the sweeping scenery that no other caves can offer. This heart-stirring cave is located 10 kilometers away from the town of Siquijor. You just need to endure approximately 2 hours of trekking. The trail goes through the thick forest, little streams, waterfalls and low hanging enormous stalactites and bulging stalagmites deposit. But trip is definitely worth it!
Mt. Bandilaan Natural Park is another stop you surely don't want to miss. A perfect site for nature lovers and a paradise you'll never want to leave.. Mt. Bandilaan Natural Park will mesmerize your eyes with it's vast species of endemic flora and fauna. The park is located in the middle area of Siquijor rising at 557 feet at its highest point. It also covers the 244 hectare man-made forest of the former Siquijor Reforestation project. Mt. Bandilaan Natural Park will charm you with religious parks and natural springs inside. A butterfly sanctuary is also situated in the park which is home of the biggest butterflies in Asia.
These are just some of the reasons why Siqujior has seal its mark of being a famous tourist destination in the Philippines. A mystifying island that has a high level of biodiversity. So once you visit the island, expect only more natural beauty than witches, shamans and other supernatural beings.
Article by: Marvin Salazar
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Can’t wait to watch The Social Network? Here’s a contest you’d really ‘Like’! Simply answer the question below:
Post your best answer on http://www.juice.ph/bigscreen/features/why-do-i-want-to-watch-the-social-network and you can be one of the five (5) winners of an exclusive ‘The Social Network’ shirt courtesy of Columbia Pictures and Juice.ph!
1. Promo is open to all Juice.ph users residing in Metro Manila who are 18 years old and above.
2. Entry may not be less than fifty (50) words.
3. Each user may post as many entries as they can, but can win only once.
4. Juice.ph reserves the right to delete any spam, malicious or derogatory content posted by a user.
5. This contest cannot be used to promote any external site or products; doing so will result in deletion.
6. Winners will be contacted based on the email/contact number used in the Juice.ph/eyp.ph registration details. Claiming details will given as well.
This breathing exercise is an absolute essential to the practive of Kundalini Yoga. This was introduced recently on Les Mills Body Balance 50. This would provide you some techniques and basic information about the legendary Breath of Fire Yoga Pranayama.
You do not need anything extra on this breathing exercise. A calm an peaceful environment is recommended.
What are the Benefits of Breath of Fire Kundalini Yoga Pranayama?
- It quickly oxygenates your blood throughout your system, thus helping the body clean and detoxify by removing its waste more effectively.
- It helps build larger lung capacity.
- This generates warmer body temperature and rises your metabolism through increasing your level of energy.
- Since it has a consistent rhythm, it synchronizes with your body, promoting a internal harmony and whole-being.
- This technique balances the nervous system as an additional benefit from the former bullet.
- When done consistently and forcefully, it helps improve by massaging the digestive track by sending quick pulses made by the diaphragm.
Precautionary measures in practicing Breath of Fire Kundalini Yoga Pranayama
- When feeling dizzy, immediately continue your normal breathing to avoid suffering from vertigo.
- Women who have their monthly cycle should practice Long Deep Breathing instead rather than doing this technique as this forces your cervix to expand.
- If you have history of hypertension or the like -heart disease or suffer from stroke or epilepsy, be very cautious with your vital signs before doing this. Also, if you have acid or heat related gastric issues such as ulcers you should use caution.
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Lengthen your spine by elongating it upwards. This includes your neck. Carefully bring your chin back and in like a military on alert.
- Close your eyes and free your mind from any distractions/
- Rest your hands in any comfortable position. As you clear off everything, start relaxing your muscles.
- When you're feeling calm, begin to breathe rapidly through the nose with equal force on the inhalation and exhalation - like you are a dog, sniffing.
- Keep the breath shallow, as much as possible, at the tip of the nose.
- Proceed at a consistent and your most comfortable pace until you establish a steady rhythm.
- Pay no special attention to the chest or diaphragm other that staying relaxed.
- You will find the stomach pulses on its own in rhythm to the breath.
- Do this for a minute.
- For more intermediate people, do this at a faster pace for three minutes.
- For advance people, start to build the pace after three minutes then gain power and force to your diaphragm. Continue upto 10 minutes.
Warmup: Favorite DJ (Clinton Sparks)
Isolations: Shawty Get Loose (Lil Mama feat Chris Brown & T-Pain)
Hip Hop: Baddest Gangsta Ballet Dancer (Big Poppin G)
Hip Hop: DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love (Usher feat. Pitbull)
Salsa 2010: Andale (Nicola Fasano & Steve Forest South Beach Mix) (Stereo Palma)
Salsa 2010: Livin’ La Vida Loca (Pablo Flores English Radio Edit) (Ricky Martin)
Salsa 2010: Samba All Night (Extended Version) (Bellini)
Salsa 2010: Samba De Janeiro 2010 (Manuel De La Mare Smash) (Bellini)
Recovery: Carry Out (de la Roche)
Show Me Jam: Gettin’ Over You (Computer Love)
Show Me Jam: Hotel Room Service (03 Remix) (Pitbull)
Show Me Jam: Not Myself Tonight (Laidback Luke Mixshow Edit) (Christina Aguilera)
Show Me Jam: Show Me Love (Danni Oak)
Groove Down: Rapture (Alicia Keys)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
For instance, kitchen can have ingredients or spices used in cooking. In the dining room, there can be some fruits or the Last Supper. In the living room, anything colorful that can provide a vibrant glow when looked at.
Just remember that paintings should be able to evoke good and positive feelings and relaxing thoughts to calm down a usually panic-striken morning.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Everybody needs cleaning and that includes your modern furniture. This is needed to maintain the beauty and sheen, making sure that the amount of what you purchased for is valued. If you continue your proper and regular cleaning and dusting routine, you will keep your upholstery looking good as new. However, there are some abrasive chemicals that you need to be careful of in doing regular cleaning as this may affect your furniture.
- Doing it on a monthly basis is recommended but if you have more idle times, it can be done every two weeks.
- Mix 4 parts of warm water with a part of very mild liquid detergent. Mix this thoroughly until suds start to form. This can be achieved by using an electric mixer.
- Always perform a spot test first in an inconspicuous area before cleaning the furniture with the mixture.
- Use a cloth that has no strong and bright color as sometimes, this may mix with the water and invade the original color of your furniture.
- Finally, leave it to dry overnight after wiping with a clean wet cloth.
How to Join
Gacked this from Tanggera.
Click here for more details: http://tanggera.blogspot.com/2010/10/step-into-some-love-and-win-pairs-of.html
1. Promote this post on ONE social networking website (you can share it on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, Plurk, etc) with the title "Win pairs of Ipanema, Grendha and Rider!".
2. Answer the question "How do you pamper your feet?" by commenting on this blog post. Include the LINK to your post (on your Facebook post, tweet, plurk thread, etc) and your email address.
3. How to get links to your posts:
Twitter: Go to your profile page (i.e. twitter.com/p0yt) and right click on the time you posted the tweet (i.e. 6 minutes ago).
Facebook: Post a link to your profile (make sure your post is available to everybody).
4. One person = one entry.
5. Three winners will get a gift certificate each from ELRO.
6. Contest will run from October 13 to October 20, 2010. Winners will be announced on October 21, 2010. Prizes need to be claimed one week after, else they will be forfeited.
Ipanema flipflops starts at 895PHP, Grendhas at 1295PHP, Riders at 995PHP and Ipanema Giselle Bundchen at 1595PHP.
How To Join
- Answer the question “What have you realized in your life that is worth celebrating?”You may blog your answer or comment on the contest page.
- Since the theme of Belle de Jour’s fair is pink, include the word pink somewhere in your answer.
- If you blogged about it, post your URL entry on the contest page.
The last day to enter is on October 20, 2010. The best answer will win (1) 2011 BDJ Planner which you can claim at the BDJ Fair on October 24, 2010 at the Venice Piazza in Mckinley Hill, The Fort, from 2:00-9:00 pm where exciting festivities, remarkable shopping finds, delectable fare, stimulating talks and great company await anyone coming to the fair. Winner will be announced on October 21.
Visit http://fatgirlnomore.com/2010/10/ciao-bella-join-me-celebrate-with-belle-de-jour-and-get-a-chance-to-win-a-bdj-2011-planner/ for more details.
In celebration of 110th Anniversary, Eveready Philippines invites you to join our online contest! If you know a friend, a colleague or simply someone who has the characteristics of a Laging handang Bayani in many ways, then Nominate and vote this person as the Eveready Laging Handang Bayani!
You can also win 10,000 pesos and Eveready giftpacks by simply sharing your most memorable Eveready Moments. Visit contest site for more details on how to join!
Hurry Join now!
Eveready, Kasama sa pagbuo ng Isang Laging Handang Pilipinas!
Jollibee I YUM On-line Contest Promo Mechanics
- To join, click "Like" in the I Want Jollibee! Jollibee On-line Delivery! Facebook fan page wall and enter your statement on why you’re proud to be Pinoy and why you love Jollibee Yum. To ensure that your statements are properly monitored, type "I YUM" before your statement.
- Statements containing profane, lewd or other similarly offensive language shall be disqualified from the contest.
- Participants may enter as many statements as they want.
- Participants must be at least thirteen (13) years old to participate. Winning participants will be required to present two (2) valid IDs with proof of age in order to claim their prize.
- The contest is open from October 4 to 31, 2010.
- There will be four (4) weekly winners and one (1) grand prize winner. Following are the weekly cut-off periods:
- Week 1: October 4 -10
- Week 2: October 11 – 17
- Week 3: October 18 – 24
- Week 4: October 25 -31
Weekly winners will be chosen only from entries submitted within the weekly period. Entries submitted beyond the weekly cut-off period shall be considered for the succeeding week’s draw date.
Weekly winners shall be announced on the following dates:
- Week 1: October 15
- Week 2: October 22
- Week 3: October 29
- Week 4: November 5
The grand prize winner shall be chosen from among the four weekly winners. The grand prize winner will be declared on November 10.
- Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Creativity, Nationalistic Appeal and Substance.
- Weekly winners shall receive P5,000 worth of Jollibee Gift Certificates and Jollibee Premium Items. The grand prize winner shall receive the latest model Apple iPhone plus P5,000 worth of Jollibee Gift Certificates.
- The names of the winners shall be posted on the I Yum Facebook fanpage. Winners will also be notified via Facebook message on how to claim their prizes. Winners will be required to submit the following personal details to the I Yum Facebook fanpage team: Name, Address, Contact Number and E-mail address.
- Employees of Jollibee Foods Corporation and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from the promo.
Reminiscing on how I got drunk during my college days when DALNet #Marikina IRC was on its astounding career. Bonchalet is under a new management which happened to be my colleague here in Logica. Though, she hasn't given me discount yet :P
The place resembles an old-house-made-into-a-bar. Live acoustic music is played every night which Stacatto Band plays every Saturdays. They offer good food with reasonable price. I used to remember that even a hundred pesos drags me to the bathroom to puke all the Sizzling Corn with Cheese I ate that night... those were the days nights.
It is along C.Cruz St., just parallel of J.P. Rizal St. Brgy Santa Elena Marikina City. Budget per person is 100 pesos.
The place is newly furnished and painted in vibrant colors. The images were taken in high ISO (pardon me) due to poor lighting. Hell of course, I wouldn't bring a strobe to light the whole place.
You can hold events with them. If you want more info, send me an email because I only have the owner's number - I didn't get a chance to ask for the bar's telephone number or even the manager-on-duty.
Im hoping to go back one of these days with the same faces, but more!
I have been eyeing in doing this but I am still doubting because this may cause major muscle mass loss due to lack of protein intake in the next few days of the program. Also, I am not yet rooting to shift to a vegan diet since I believe that having a blood type B, my body primarily feeds well on red lean meat, fish, poultry and dairy products. This idea was taken from the book, Eat Right For Your Type: The Official Blood Type Diet.
Most of us tend to think that lemon is acidic - in fact it is! So will it cause acidic stomach? According to Dr. Robert Young:
“Well, isn’t lemon juice acidic too?” It’s actually true that if you took some pH paper and tested lemon juice it would test acid, but once the lemon juice is metabolized in the body, the inherent alkalizing mineral salts contained in the lemon juice (and the bicarbonates that it pulls into the blood during digestion) leaves a residue of alkaline ash in the bloodstream. Also because of their low sugar content, lemons and limes do not ferment in the blood.”
Therefore, lemons remain acidic in content but when metabolized by your body with a neutral pH of water, it has alkalising effect, which is definitely good for you.
Going back, before doing this regimen, make sure that you pay a visit to a doctor because this master cleanse diet or lemon diet is not intended for everyone *inserts disclaimer here*. But if you are really eager to lose weight and perform some toxic-eradication in your body, here are the ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoon genuine maple syrup Grade B (not maple flavored sugar syrup)
- 1/10 cayenne pepper (red pepper) or to taste
- 8 oz. of water in room temperature
- 1 tsp of sea-salt (not the usual rock salt)
It is very important that every morning before you drink the lemon juice drink of up to 25 to 32 ounces of h20 with 1 tsp of sea-salt. Most of the stuff you needed can be bought in a grocery (for salt, lemons and lime) and the rest at Healthy Options.
[download_box] You can also download this pretty-lengthy-for-a-white-paper that discusses about The Master Cleanse diet.[/download_box]
At first, sedentary lifestyle leads people to excuse people to perform physical activities - this maybe because of work, stress or just no time. The irony of this excuse is that exercise and an active lifestyle are just merely important ways in hoisting your metabolism, your energy level. This gives a more fresh and more fulfilling healthy perspective on your monotonous life.
As a matter of fact, you can be active (do workouts) even you do not have time to visit the gym. Again, no excuses! Here are some basic tips to be more active.
While at home
1. Give your housemaid some rest. Why don't you do some of the house chores like sweeping your own room and washing the dishes during weekends?
2. Walk the dog, if you have one. It is proven that people have more social fulfillment when they walk with their pets at the park.
3. Fruit juices are good for your health. Too much of this loads up unwanted sugar intake, meaning, additional calories.
4. Get plenty of sleep! You can burn as twice as much calories rather than watching the television. Some people tend to potato couch and munch on junk food, too. Muscles need rest which boosts up your metabolism.
5. Join some fun activities in your neighborhood. Marathon races are scattered everywhere. If you have extra budget, invest on a bike. This also helps in lessening carbon footprints.
While at work
1. Dont just sit around whole day. Perform some stretches while working. If your work activity permits you to stand up while talking on the phone, do it!
2. Avoid junk food and fast food. Its more convenient to bring lunch from home. At least you know what youre eating.
3. Climb the stairs if you work on the second floor or if you need to go to a nearby floor. Besides, waiting for a lift in some buildings is uber boring.
4. Walk around the building during your breaks, but be careful in second hand smoking.
5. Initiate recreational activities at work! I know your HR will support you.
With these basic tasks, driven with motivation to shed off those extra calories and regulation with the food intake. In no less time, you will start to feel more positive in losing weight, not a burden. Besides, you gained those pounds in over time, not in a week or a month! So losing them doesn't have to be done in a month, too.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
The Social Network is to Facebook, as PLDT myDSL modem+wifi is to enjoy internet access wirelessly on my computer or on my mobile device.
Seriously, of all the three internet providers I have subscribed to in the past, PLDT myDSL works best with the most few downtime. If others are saying that they offer optimal speed, you could get the maximum speed of what you are paying for.
Now I am excited to announce that PLDT myDSL offers wifi connection with its plug and play router that has 4 USB ports that hub your connections through hardwire, in case needed. On thick walls, it can broadcast radio signal so you can enjoy wireless internet connection of up to 25 meters.
Knowing the fact that I am a social media sukcer, I can enjoy being connected to the internet without dropping extra charges on my 3G connection with my 1 mbps connection.
I usually use GCash in making payments whenever I shop online on eBay, Multiply and used it once when I bought a cheap item on Facebook. This was very useful when PayPal was not fully offered to Filipino online shoppers. Though they will slash off a nominal fee for each transaction, the convenience of doing mobile payment compensates it.
Until Globe reaches its target market where most of it are the hippies, ages belonging to under 25 years old. You can have your Globe GCash card now customized - even your whole narcissistic face printed on a plastic card! I can sense that this can be used as a practical identification card since your ID picture will also be printed at the back of the card.
Just go to www.globe.com.ph/gcash and register using your existing GCash account. Just make sure that you have at least 100 pesos in your account.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Twister Fries is here for a limited time only! Fancy a box or two or three? Go for it. There are no more minimum orders at McDelivery. Just a fixed delivery charge of P40 and you’re all set.
Just call 8-McDO (or 8-6236) or go to www.mcdelivery.com.ph.
Any order, McDonald’s delivers.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
[caption id="attachment_4151" align="aligncenter" width="437" caption="The Sandwich Guy"][/caption]
[simple_box] Hi all,
I am back at the office now after spending some groggy time at the Emergency Care of St. Luke’s Global City. The doctor advised me to take a rest from work today but I decided to continue my shift since the side-effect of the anti-histamine shot is starting to subside.
I am copying HR and Payroll to ask assistance on this matter. Attached are the relevant documents issued by the hospital. I found out that certain companies are still not accredited by Maxicare in St. Luke’s Global City; which I had to pay the bills through my credit card. This is the nearest hospital I know of, near the vicinity, that can cater to emergency needs since our clinic is not open 24 hours. I could have gone to Makati Medical Center but I was already having hard time breathing. Though I can file reimbursement 80% of the bill, it is more helpful if we were accredited so the health care provider can cover all expenses. This is a great opportunity to discuss things on certain protocol in terms that medical attention is needed during out of office hours.
When I approached the food attendants, after being discharged, they advised me to go back on Monday since they do not have any way of contacting the manager of The Sandwich Guy. I am raising this attention to HR since I can remember that the food served during new hire orientation was from the same store. It was also mentioned by other Logica OWS colleague, *some name* (did not get his lastname) that they already informed TSG earlier afternoon that the tuna they used was already inconsumable.
I hope you find time to discuss about this matter. I am reporting to work on Tuesday since Monday is my rest day.
[caption id="attachment_4148" align="alignright" width="336" caption="Swollen Gums"][/caption]
I was just discussing things on Twitter and on my Facebook threads how good was the Chili con Carne Baked Potato yesterday from The Sandwich Guy McKinley Hill. Regardless of the alleged incident where a Country Tuna sandwich contained human mucus from The Sandwich Guy Eastwood, I believed, it does not reflect the holistic approach of TSG.
Fifteen minutes ago, I went downstairs and bought a Country Tuna sandwich. A few bites after I unwrapped the paper, I began to feel my throat clogging. I ignored it because I was just thinking that I might be eating the sandwich too fast. When I consumed everything, I went to the pantry to get water and went to the restroom afterward. I noticed that a big lump is starting to increase between my gums and cheeks.
I dont think its the aioli oil. Do ya think its the tuna in brine they used, despite that I do not have any known hypersensitivity reaction?
We do not have 24-hour clinic here. If this worsen, I need to go to St. Lukes for an anti-histamine. I am still having hard time breathing.
Now, this is not plain black propaganda. Now what? The only proof that I bought sandwich from them was the wrapper, tissue and the plastic bag, except if they hand me over the CCTV recording. Why? Because they do not proactively give an Official Receipt. BIR, hello?!?!